Sunday, February 20, 2011

Composition (No. 6 - after correction)

Some people belive that marriage is now only a tradition and a thing of the past, with only a piece of paper to show for it. These days it is much more popular to live together. Some people think that marriage is too restrictive in what people can adn can’t do.
Firstly, I have experience of both situations. I had lived with one girl together for more then six years. Finally, she had decided to leave me. It was easy process, because we were not married and we had no strictly together owned things. She had studied the university, she had been provided with money by her parents. Vice-versa, I owned the flat where we lived, I had earned money, etc. I have to say I have never understood her decision, but it was for me strong piece of experience. I had decided that I have never got married.
Secondly, I am married now. I had the long discussion about the changing my strong opinion from previous time after I had met my future wife. The discussion had taken for a long time. We both have known the endless list of advantages and disadvantages of marriage. Finally, I got married when our son Philip was “on the way to be born” and final decision was done due to him - to have the same name as mother and father together.
Generally speaking, the law is not pushing us to get married. Instead of “The last things” – the mother of your children will not be in the same group as the children in the legacy process if you are not married – there are no benefits for men and women to get married. You are paying the same income taxes and you have the equal rights as married parents. By the time, I understood that it is very often about the feeling of the women to be more protected for the future unexpected situations if she is married.
Taking everything into account, it depends on us as individuals to make our decision. Although, if you stay together “without the piece of essential paper” you have to be prepared for time when your children will ask you why you are not married. Even though, nowadays I believe the marriage status is the symbol of decision to live together until “death do us part”.

No comments:

Post a Comment